Washington, D.C., Employment Tax Audit Attorneys
If your company has been contacted by the IRS, the Maryland SDAT, the Washington, D.C., Office of Tax and Revenue, or the Virginia Department of Taxation or other state agency regarding an audit of your employment tax records, you need experienced tax law defense. You need experienced Washington, D.C., employment tax audit lawyers from the law firm of Kundra & Associates.
Getting legal representation early can help reduce potential fines and penalties. Contact our Maryland business tax attorneys online or call 301-424-7585 to schedule a meeting to discuss your situation.
Strength ◦ Integrity ◦ Focus
The tax defense lawyers at Kundra & Associates will work hard to protect your interests with skillful and aggressive defense. We may be able to prevent the seizure of business assets and achieve a reduction in penalties and interest if your employment tax audit identifies shortcomings in your prior business practices.
If you are a business owner or a "responsible party," we may be able to prevent or minimize the consequences of being held personally liable for the underpayment of employment taxes.
Factors Under Review in an Employment Tax Audit
Businesses that employ seasonal labor, immigrant workers and contract workers are more susceptible to employment tax difficulties. Among the problems that can be identified as violations in an employment tax audit are:
- Improper classifications of employees as contractor, or as exempt rather than nonexempt
- Improper documentation of foreign workers (failing to obtain valid identification or a valid Social Security number)
- Failure to consider fringe benefits and incentive programs as taxable income
- Failure to properly tax or report officer compensation
- Improper reporting of reimbursed expenses
- Failure to collect and remit payroll tax
- Failure to pay employment tax
- Failure to report employment taxes (nonfilers)
Call for a Consultation With a Maryland Payroll Tax Lawyer
If your company is facing an IRS audit for employment tax problems, or has been fined for failure to collect and remit employment taxes, you should seek legal counsel immediately. Contact our Washington, D.C., employment tax audit attorneys online or call 301-424-7585 to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your situation.